Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2011 Model Now Available

Well I have dived head first back into the online dating world!

After getting bumped and bruised and beaten up last time, I decided to retire from online dating for a while. I had a great summer and fall filling my free time with things I enjoyed and people I enjoyed. I said yes to any invites I could, volunteered for some fun events, went on weekend getaways with my girlfriends, met new friends, and when all else failed, walked the dog! It was kind of nice to not have to deal with checking my email constantly, trying to squeeze in time to meet this stranger for coffee or sweating over did he like me, or did I like him?

Well this past fall a friend of mine, who really never has trouble meeting people, decided to deflower her online-dating virginity, just for the heck of it. Her first date lasted 22 minutes. From start to finish. 22 minutes. This girl can make friends with anyone and she was so turned off by this guy she left without even finishing her drink! So of course being the curious girl I am, I had to check this guy out. In the process of checking out his online profile, I reactivated mine. Was this a subconscious act that really signified my willingness to get back out there? I don't know. But I was soon back in the throws of it, chatting with strange men with a variety of intentions. After a few unsuccessful coffee dates, I met Bachelor #1, Mike who has turned out to be a great guy. We have dated since late December, seeing each-other whenever our mutually busy schedules allow and he is a solid guy. Sweet, consistent, fun, up for anything, not demanding and cute!

Not long after beginning to date Mike, I had a coffee date with Bachelor #2, James. This guy had sent up a couple of red flags on-line, but I was intrigued (aka a sucker for charm) so I decided to meet him. I was pleasantly surprised to find that he was handsome, funny, smart and interesting. He also made it very clear that he thought I was the cat's meow, which took me aback. James is romantic, affectionate, charming, a gentleman and very open. But I have alarms going off all over the place with this guy! He lives with his mom (for good reason?), is currently not working while going back to to school (full time??), has way too much time on his hands, and has a wide variety of physical limitations (bad back, asthma, etc). He just seems far to eager at this early a stage in what is really still the getting to know each-other phase.

So for now, I am actively dating two men for the first time in my life! Fun? Yes. Nervewracking? Yes. But I am going to go with it and try to trust my instincts while having fun just dating. Who knows when this could happen again????

No comments:

Post a Comment