Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poltergeist in the Potty?

My plumbing is posessed.

I have an charming old village home. It was built in 1901 and I'm pretty convinced it has the original plumbing. There is always something compromising either the flow in or out of the system. Charming yes, but not without it's headaches. At one point the neighbors were sure I was having a steamy affair with John the plumber because of his frequent visits. (John and I have since broke up over a gross overcharge for foaming root killer).

Currently my main bathroom has begun speaking in tongues. Periodically, noises are eminating from the sluggish drains that sound like a congested turkey is pleading to be released. Blu-la-lurp, blu-lal-urp.

This morning while I was in the shower, my toilet began spontaneously sputtering like Linda Blair in the Exorcist. So far, I am operating under the "ignore it and it will go away" approach. But something tells me this will not get me as far as I'd hoped.

Can anyone recommend an exorcist?

No comments:

Post a Comment